Who is eligible to apply in person
1.Certain Nations in the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia Passport Holders or UK travel document from the nation namely,
Afghanistan, Algerian, Bangladesh, Cameroon,Central African Republic, China, Democratic republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guina, Ghana, Guinea, India, Iraq, Iran, Liberia, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, and Yamen
2. British or Irish who are applying for a Non Immigrant Type O-A or Non Immgirant 3 years business visa
are required to submit application in PERSON only.
Anyone else who lives in the UK or Ireland can submit visa application BY POST (This takes 2 working days by special delivery post) for a Tourist visa or Non Immigrant visa. Please kindly see how to apply by post here
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for Certain Nations in the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia Passport or UK travel document for mentioned nations. Applicants must obtain a residence in the United Kingdom or Ireland
You are required;
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Three (3) Visa application forms completely filled out (4 applications for Iranian)
- Three (3) recent 45 millimetres (mm) high x 35 mm wide photographs of the applicant (4 photographs
- A confirmed return air ticket / flight information (These can be flight details shown departure date, flight number from UK-Thailand and Thailand-UK.) You must show all routes if there are stops in between. We will not consider your application if you do not have a return flight details.
- Address in Thailand/Hotel Reservation should be completed on the application forms.
- Letter from school/employer/self assessment
*If you are working, you are required to submit a letter from your employer. The letter should have
the headed paper of the Company stating your current position addressed to the Royal Thai
Embassy, London to certified your working status.If you are self employed, you should submit a
copy of your self assessment paper,a copy company registration document or any other type of
document confirming your working status.
*If you are student, you should submit the letter from the school/University addressed to the Royal
Thai Embassy confirming your status.
- Bank statement in UK current account (3 months)
- A photo copy of current passport / travel document
- A photo copy of UK visa or indefinite leave to remain (prove with original)
In addition, the applicant needs to provide the following:
For working or business purposes: Letter from employer/company in Thailand
For studying or educational purposes: Letter of acceptance from educational institute in Thailand as an example
Furthur information for Non Immigrant visa please kindly see more
please note: We will keep all supporting document, if you wish to have your document back, please photocopy before submitting.
The visa fee is 25 pounds for Tourist visa (Single Entry) or 50 pounds for Non Immigrant visa (Single Entry) We do not have authority to issue multiple entries for the mentioned nationalities.
When submitting your application
1.The Embassy is open for Visa application from Monday - Friday from 09.00 - 12.00 hrs, the last appointment ticket is issued at 12pm. (except for Embassy's public holiday). No appointment is required. It takes 1 working day to process a visa.
**please note that we only accept cash, make sure you have it before coming to the embassy.
** Please photocopy of all documents required.
** the officer has the right to deny to accept your application if the applicants are not ready to hand in the document and will consider only when the applicants obtainapplication forms completed, 2 photos, passport and the fee (supporting document and photocopies) to be ready to the officer.
** please make sure you are ready to apply for the visa before collecting an appointment ticket at the kios
** once your applications have been handed to the officer, you will be asked to wait for the receipt which would normally take not more than 30 minutes. You must wait for the receipt to collect the visa in the following working day between 11-12 hrs at the counter NO. 3
NO TICKET NEEDED. For example: if you apply for the visa on Monday, you will be collecting the visa on Tuesday at 11.00hrs. or if you apply for the visa on Friday, you will be collecting the visa on Monday (please check the embassy's holiday)