Visa Application by post (Applicants must reside permanently in the UK)
The Royal Thai Embassy in London commenced its visa application by post service on the 2 January 2014. Termination of visa services by post at the Royal Thai Consulates in the United Kingdom and Ireland (namely, the Royal Thai Consulates in Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull, Liverpool, Glasgow, Gibralta and Dublin) will be effective from the 15 January 2014.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1.1. A valid VISA OF ENTRY is necessary for EVERY ALIEN who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand, except for certain restricted cases, details of which can be found at www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk.
1.2. All types of VISA's are issued according to the stated PURPOSE OF VISIT which must be CLEARLY STATED by the applicant. Failure to do so shall inevitably incur delays.
1.3. Visas which are issued by The Embassy or Consulates must be used within 3 months from the date of application. Upon arrival in Thailand, THE ACTUAL LENGTH OF STAY (Starting from the date of entry), shall be determined and granted at the discretion of Immigration Officers.
According to the type and category of Visa in possession, Tourist Visa’s not exceeding 60 Days per entry for Nationals from 48 designated countries, Transit Visa not exceeding 3 Days per entry and Non-Immigrant Visa not exceeding 90 Days per entry.
Certain Nations in the Middle East, South Asia and East Asia Passport Holders, please check basic documents required from our website www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk
2. HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA BY POST
2.1. Complete and sign one application form. Only visa application forms issued by The Royal Thai Embassy in London will be accepted. A separate form is required for each traveller regardless of age. DOWNLOAD FORM
2.2. Submit with the completed form
- Two recent passport size photos
- Appropriate fee (See Item 3)
- Each applicant must supply pay an extra £10 on top of the visa fee to cover the return of passport
However, nationals of the following countries must submit their visa application in person at The Royal Thai Embassy in London, Afghanistan, Algerian, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Cuba, China, Egypt, India, Iraq, Iran, Kosovo, Laos, North Korea, Lebanon, Lybia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Pelestine, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Vietnam and Yamen
2.3. For other purposes than tourism: Please submit EVIDENCE SUBSTANTIATING THE PURPOSE OF YOUR STAY.
Examples of such evidence are:
- In the case of transit: a confirmed travel document (air ticket etc.) showing Thailand as point of transit.
- In the case of a business trip (Non-immigrant "B"): a letter of invitation, a confirmation letter of employer and/or a letter from a business counterpart in Thailand.
- In the case of working in Thailand: a letter of employment from your prospective employer, such a document should be addressed to The Royal Thai Embassy, and a copy of the companies registration certificate in Thailand.
- In the case of settlement in Thailand with Thai spouse/ Children/ Parents(Non-immigrant "O"): photo copy certificate of marriage, birth, Thai nationality passport/Thai ID card.(please do not send the original)
- In the case of UK Pensioner (Non-immigrant "O"): a copy of UK State Pension.
# Consular Officers reserve the right to request for additional documents as deemed necessary#
# Please do not apply for a visa more than 3 months before your date of travel #
#The embassy will not be held responsible for lost/stolen/damaged document#
Visa application by post will normally be processed within 3 - 5 working days.
- Visa Applications submitted by post must be sent to:
Visa Section, Royal Thai Embassy,
29 - 30 Queen's Gate, London, SW76SX
# Each applicant must pay an extra £10 on top of the visa fee for the postage to cover the return of passport #
3. VISA FEES
Visa and postage fee must be paid by Postal Order made payable to: THE ROYAL THAI EMBASSY. please kindly write down the applicant 's name and passport number at the back of the postal order
CHEQUES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. # NO REFUNS IN ANY CIRCUIMSTANCES #.
# NO REFUNS IN ANY CIRCUIMSTANCES #.
1. Tourist (single, double, triple)
2. Transit (single, double, triple)
3. Non-Immigrant (3 Month/ Single Entry)
4. Non-Immigrant (1 Year/ Multiple Entries)
**Visa fees are payable in pounds sterling